This is this week's and possibly next week's Pinterest challenge and I'm really enjoying it. I'm going to be making two - one for Katie in soft pink, mossy green and white, and the second bear will be a modified version for Elizabeth. That one will be white, purple and pale blue and will also have big white angel wings (hoping to find white glittery yarn but not sure where to find it) as well as some roses in her praying hands and a hand beaded rosary I'll be making for around her next, comprised of rubies and a big cross. Since this one won't be played with, I'll be going all out to decorate it beautifully. Katie's will have to be a little plainer, as I'm hoping she'll enjoy dragging it about and will need to have no choking hazards on it.
Here's some examples of different Lollo bears:
Since I had quite a few requests to detail how Lollo goes, I'll be writing down my daily Lollo do's:
I've been working on Katie's Lollo for five days now (today is day five). Four days it took me to make the large body. It's a bit larger than the pattern calls for, as I decided to use thicker yarn with larger hooks. The pattern calls for 5-6 hooks, most all in the 1.75 and below sizes. I decided to use 3.75, 3.50, 3.25 and 2.25 with 4 ply WW yarn.
Day 2 I made my first round, the butt part of the bear.
Day 3: I began hating the way the pattern asks to attach the bears. I believe next time I'll do it differently. I saw multiple reviewers say that they didn't follow the pattern here, but I was trying to be as accurate as possible. I now agree with them, it'll be much easier to just sew the shapes together fully made instead of attaching them half done. This day was very frustrating, as the second round had to be done and redone in order to get it right.
Day 4's Dragon egg shape body and the beginning of day's five hexagons.
Day 4 I finished the body. Rounds 3-5 went quicker than the rest of the body, but the attaching got worse I think. The body is quite large but SO cuddly! I stuffed him well then added the last hexagon to close him up.
Day 5: I've begun working on the head today. So far I did 5 hexagons and now working on the pentagons. 6 pentagons, 5 hexagons, and odd shapes are needed for the head. A bit worried about the size since I'm using modified sized hooks and hoping it comes out accurate, but we'll see. A bit worried I'll have to do it all over again!
Since the body was the biggest part, I'm hoping the rest of Lollo will go quickly now.