Friday, March 2, 2012

COOKING: Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting


I'm not sure why, but I always get the extreme urge to make cupcakes whenever I'm feeling under the weather. So yesterday I ended up giving into the craving!

I had made these before, but this time I used a different recipe. I shouldn't have - even though these are yummy, the last ones were irresistable. To switch it up a bit, I decided to try icing the cupcakes with a big tip instead of a small one. I've seen many bakery posts saying that this is how they do theirs, so I figured I'd practice. I do love the look, even though it uses at least double the amount of icing! I need at lot more practice, but these do look much more professional than small tipped ones.

Bill took a few to work with him yesterday and they all got really good reviews (and these aren't all very kind men, so Bill said the reviews were trustworthy instead of just trying to flatter.)

Here's pictures of how they turned out (even though I used a full tube of red food coloring, they turned out less red than last time when I only used half a tube. ??




No comments:

Post a Comment