Friday, March 2, 2012

COOKING: Cookie Dough Truffles



Late last night I found a recipe for cookie dough truffles, and saw that I had all the ingredients to make it. So of course, despite it being 10 PM and the fact that the recipe said it takes over two hours to do, I started making it. Baking is healing, and since I wasn't feeling well I kept baking.

These were very simple to make. Milk replaces eggs in the recipe, but the rest of the dough is the same. An hour in the fridge firms it up enough to roll into balls and twenty minutes in the freezer gets them to hold together through dipping them in a hot pot of chocolate. It did take me about two hours to do, but today's testing proved that they were worth it, and it was easy work.

The only thing I did differently was instead of using chocolate melts, I went with what I had and used chocolate chips melted down and mixed with a little vegetable oil. This made the chocolate looser and it went on easier and dried thinner than usual, as just chocolate chips melted down tend to dry in lumps and flakes.

It made probably over two dozen, which is good because they're addicting!

Pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment