Wednesday, March 14, 2012

COOKING: New Chicken Recipe



I've created a recipe that's pretty awesome. We've had it three times in the last two weeks because one of us starts to crave it. It started off with me needing to use up the chicken that day, and it was at the end of the grocery week so we didn't really have anything to put on it like usual. So I just started to throw things into the recipe and said a quick prayer as I threw it into the oven and hoped it would come out yummy. IT DID!

I took skinless, boneless halved chicken breasts (because they're MUCH cheaper than other cuts of chicken) and flattened them out between two pieces of parchment paper with my marble rolling pin. I then salted them and added generous sprinklings of rosemary and thyme. Then I took large chunks of cream cheese and placed them in the middle, and heaped cheddar cheese on top. After that I rolled them up, stuck them with a few toothpicks, sprinkled a little more rock salt on the top and poured some butter on them to make the outsides crispy (I know, this isn't exactly a healthy recipe, but I need to gain weight anyway!)

I popped the small chicken roll ups in the oven at 350' for 40 minutes, broil them for 2 minutes, then take them out and cover them in more cheese and put them back in the oven for another few minutes.

Last night I tried it with large chicken breasts and they came out just as good, but I like the bite sized pieces better, I think! Looks like cute little appetizers that way.






No comments:

Post a Comment