Monday, March 26, 2012

COOKING: Cake Balls

Lots of crafts this weekend!

Starting off with Cake Balls. I've been wanting to make these for WEEKS, but apparently no Walmart or grocery store in the area sells colored candy melts, so I had to keep waiting until I finally got to a craft store. I picked up baby blue and orchid colors and used the blue right away. I made German Chocolate cake and put 1/2 a cup of cream cheese frosting into the batter. I melted the candy coating and, after an hour in the freezer, coated the hardened cake balls. The coating was definitely the hardest part and I managed to burn  my fingers a few times, but they were DELICIOUS! I saved the cream cheese frosting and used it to dip the cake balls into, which made them absolutely perfect. I stored them in the refrigerator to keep a crunchy outer shell instead of a softer one.

I'll definitely be making these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment