Tuesday, February 7, 2012

COOKING: Pizza Puffs



Pizza Puffs were my first Pinterest recipe I decided to tackle this week. I have a few of them to do, but these sounded yummy. I  miss the old days (re: before having a baby on the outside of me) when I used to make homemade pizza with yummy spiced dough. I didn't feel like doing all that work (a good four hours before even cooking) so I thought these might be a good shortcut.

While they were pretty yummy, they didn't taste like pizza to me. More like sauced up sausage muffins.

I got the recipe from HERE

I substituted chopped green peppers for the pepperoni because I wasn't in a pepperoni mood, and used Italian mild sausage, first boiled and then fried up in a skillet. I used a lot of both sausage and peppers (probably more than was asked for, I didn't measure!). I enjoyed having more "toppings" than "muffin". I also added A LOT of cheese.

These were an enjoyable snack but I don't think I'll make them again. It moreso made me miss my original pizza more than satisfy the craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment